Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We bought a 2014 Jeep January of 2016. We wanted 4wd,

Customer Question

We bought a 2014 Jeep January of 2016. We wanted 4wd, automatic and all of the blue tooth , XM etc. My wife travels 200-400 miles a week for her profession. I wanted a quality used 4x4 and we settled on this one. The dash has 3 dials , one is fan speed , the middle one has a neutral space on top with red marks to the right of center that indicate an increase. The same on the left side of the dial with blue marks. Most would say that dial is for increasing hot or cold, a.k.a. air conditioning. Since the weather has turned hot, my wife told me that the a/c doesn't get cold. I finally got a chance to take it in yesterday and after quick review, there is no a/c on this vehicle. The jeep dealership that looked at it said that out of all of the staff in the area only one person had ever seen a jeep without a/c and he believed it had been built to order for an owner in Alaska. I contacted the dealer I bought it from the guy that sold it to me was dumbstruck with disbelief. He said he didn't think that was even possible. We have been buying vehicles from this place for over 20 years and have spent over $200,000 there. The fella that sold it to me wants to trade for another vehicle. The management is blowing it off completely with a defense of "stuff happens". They have even said that they wouldn't give me near what I paid for it because it would be very hard to sell. Well, duh! It is not the vehicle that I believed it to be. Does this fall in the matter of Contract Law's , Mutual Mistake clause? My seller thought it would have a/c, I wouldn't have bought it without a/c and a dial on the dash indicates that you cand adjust the temperature, hot or cold. Thank you.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. When you looked at the vehicle and bought it, was there any paper work describing the features? In addition, was the vehicle taken for a test drive? Just trying to get an idea if there was any representation by the dealer about the vehicle having A/C. Typically, the features are listed and discussed.

Hi, are you still with me?