Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I got into an accident in a van, the van was sold to my boss

Customer Question

i got into an accident in a van, the van was sold to my boss 5 days prior. it didnt have a new updated insurance policy. I'm trying to figure out if this is going to be a fault of mine, or for my bosses for not having proper paperwork. now he is trying to title the van in my name, and have the insurance policy out in my name. is this the right way to go, or should i just say that its on him since the car wasnt in his name and didnt have insurance.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I hope you weren't injured in the accident.

How did the accident happen? Were you working for your boss at the time?

Why does he want to title and insure his vehicle in your name? Do you mean he's giving it back to you because of the accident?