Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

My husband was murdered and he had a insurance policy

Customer Question

My husband was murdered and he had a insurance policy through his job the detective over the case is not giving me the information needed for the insurance company, I recently contacted a attorney to subpoena the records do you think he will be able to get a judge to grant me these records
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes, he stated he would first try to request them but she is ignoring his calls and now I told him it is time to have her subpoenaed
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: he stated he would but what I need to know do you think a judge will grant me the request for the information, the detective stated oh he had cocaine in his system to try to deter me from asking for the papers but that was not his cause of death
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: like?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I am so very sorry for your shocking loss. I hope that you have the support you need to get through this.

Yes, your attorney will be able to successfully obtain the information that you need to complete the insurance claim. It may take a little time because if the information the police have is related to their ongoing investigation they will try to oppose the release of the information. BUT your attorney should be able to get the judge to review the information in camera (meaning that the judge will review the information privately) and decide whether the information is releasable to you.

Because these things can become a little complex you need to 1) stay on top of your attorney to pursue this and 2) maintain your determination tempered with patience. The process can be frustrating and I do not want you to lose heart.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.