Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

My 2 daughters live with me Krystle 20 and 17 and I'm 61 ().

Customer Question

My 2 daughters live with me Krystle 20 and Amber 17 and I'm 61 (Richard). Krystle is Verbally and Physically abusive to me and her sister. She has hit, kicked and spit on me. A few days ago I got a visit from the police saying that I hit her with a hammer, which is not true at all. I answered there questions and show them the hammer. At first they took the hammer for evidence then before they left they gave the hammer back. they didn't say why. Krystle has left the house for 3 or 4 days so far. I think she is waiting for me to leave on my trip and will bully amber and the person who I have taking care of her and my house I will be leaving for my trip in 3 days and be gone for a week. What can I do to keep her out of my house now and for ever
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. The very best thing you can do right now is file for a restraining order. Bring your other daughter with you if you can do that. She is old enough that she can provide corroborating evidence in a meaningful manner. If you have any photos or things like that bring them as well. The next thing you need to do is serve your daughter with an eviction notice. This second part isn't strictly necessary, and you can actually wait to see what happens with the restraining order to see if you need to do that – but given the violence your older daughter tends towards the RO is the safest and best thing to do to keep her out of the house.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need me to clarify anything. Please do not post a negative rating if there something you remain unsure about. Please ask a follow-up question, which I will be happy to answer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How long does it take to get the restraining order

It takes a day to get a temporary restraining order.

After that a hearing for a FINAL restraining order is put on the court calendar - generally within about one week.

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and therefore it remains "Open" on my end. I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so. Please do NOT provide a negative rating if you have a follow up question or need me to clarify anything - all you have to do is ask and I'll be happy to respond. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.