Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

My husband received a summons in October of 2015 to give a

Customer Question

My husband received a summons in October of 2015 to give a deposition in an asbestos case regarding someone he worked with. He went to the deposition it lasted 5 days. He again appeared for the same case on the dates listed below.
11/23-25 2015 (3 days) 12/21-23 2015 (3 days). And now he has been asked to appear again from July 6-8 2016 3/days. He was not paid for the November and December dates. It is not the money. We want to know if they can legally keep calling him. We do not understand why this has been on going for so long. What legal grounds does he have if any? We 've told the Plaintiff several times that we do not want to continue with his deposition. But the lawyer keeps calling him with dates to appear.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

I understand your concern. I would suggest having your husband have the attorney discuss this with the judge as to why the continued testimony. Judges can put a limit on the number of hours allowed. These asbestos cases do tend to drag on unfortunately, but a witness cannot be expected to continually drop everything to help them.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of our assistance is appreciated.