Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

How do you get a warrant cancelled?

Customer Question

how do you get a warrant cancelled?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, there is only one way to get rid of a warrant and that is for the wanted person to turn himself in on it. If this is a police warrant, as opposed to a warrant issued by a judge for a defendant's failure to appear on his court date, it's safest for him to seek out a local criminal lawyer and have that lawyer work out the terms of a voluntary surrender with the police.

In that way, he will enter the system at a time most convenient for him rather than be picked up by the police at home or work. He can also get an idea in advance of what bail is going to be so that he can arrange for his soonest possible release.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Phone calls are a premium service requiring an additional fee. If you are interested, I will send you the information, which you can then accept. If you are not interested in paying an additional fee, we can continue to communicate here on the question thread at no additional charge to you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you said nothing that i did not already know. a waste of money
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Sometimes the best we can do is to confirm what you already know. Warrants have only one solution. You can turn yourself in or you can risk getting caught.

Best of luck to your grandson.