Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

We are in the middle of an appeal and last month our lawyer

Customer Question

Hi, We are in the middle of an appeal and last month our lawyer put a motion for an extension of time(don't know why) but the court yesterday put a Order Grant EOT for Initial Brief Due on 07/09/2016, I would like to know what that means.
Thank You
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 4 months ago.

It means that the Court of Appeals has granted your attorney an extension of time (EOT), extending the time your lawyer has to file a brief in support of your position in the appeal. It is a very routine procedure, and widely used by appellate lawyers. That is because it appellate legal work is extremely time-consuming.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.