LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

I was contacted by a company entitled: CAPITOL CONSUMER

Customer Question

I was contacted by a company entitled: CAPITOL CONSUMER RELIEF.COM. The representative told me about a program called: Imminent Default. For a flat monthly fee to them, over a 36 month period, they will wipe out my almost $40,000 existing debt. Should I 'buy' into this program?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Jeri,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

These types of program are fine if you understand what they are doing. They negotiate with your creditors and may get agreement to pay perhaps 60 to 80 cents on the dollar for the debt and they collect the money from you over the 3 years and then pay off the creditors. Because they also charge you a fee there is not always a lot of money saved---but they do get the creditors off of your back.

This is a good deal only if you are earning good money and have significant assets and don't qualify for reorganization bankruptcy where you might pay just 10 cents on the dollar on your debts.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good evening,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,