Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

You stay with a friend and pay half the rent months, when

Customer Question

You stay with a friend and pay half the rent for 5 months, when it's time to move the friend won't let u take ur stuff out of garage and says it is now hers because no interact was ever signed? What rights do I have to my stuff?
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Assuming the police will not help because it is a civil matter, not criminal. You can file an action for replevin in the county court where the property is being kept. That is a petition where you ask a judge to restore possession to you of your property being held by someone else. The order to restore possession is under threat of being held in contempt. The court also has discretion to order money damages for the loss of use.

The clerk of the court will have the forms you need to fill out and file.