LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

I have a plagiarism case in my college in Introduction to

Customer Question

I have a plagiarism case in my college in Introduction to academic discourse and it was my first semester. We had to do 3 papers and submit it in our final portfolio. I worked very hard on them, the professor in the beginning of the semester told us about plagiarism but not im details. My first and second paper there was no plagiarism she used to check them on the safeassign, but in the last paper she told us that you have to do by your own and you must include two outside sources. She didnt teach me how to do the outside sources, 1student and the professor reviewed my work and they didnt tell me to put quotation marks, what i have done is that i took 2 outside sources and put the websites in my works cited page. This constitues plagiarism and i got an F in course. Is that what i deserve? Because it was an honest mistake of not including the quotation marks, but i did include the websites, which means i did try to prevent plagiarism partially. I dont get F, do you agree with me? My hard work throught the semester, i deserve to have credit on them. Please let me know if i can argue this case further and get my right.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Ahmad,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While you can argue that it was a mistake and that you did not intend to violate plagiarism rules, unfortunately, in the end it is up to the student to know what constitutes plagiarism and to avoid it. This not something that a college professor should have to teach a student. By the time you reach college of you don't know what plagiarism is, then you have a problem. You could have, and should have asked about it if you were unsure---or better yet done some research and learned about it, as well as how to avoid it.

The fact that it was a mistake and a result of you not understanding what plagiarism was or what an outside source was and how to properly identify that source in your paper does not make this not plagiarism.

I am very sorry, but most colleges give F's for plagiarism and while it may not be fair, it is what typically happens if you are caught not giving proper credit to other authors for their work in your college papers.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,