RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I am a doctor from illinois and had been sick and brought to

Customer Question

I am a doctor from illinois and had been sick and brought to er and cannot find a lawyer to represent me cause of short time and statute of limitation is very soon altho most of the needed paperwork are with me.so can i go to court and file my case to extend the statute till i can get someone to represent me nora
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

There is no requirement that you have a lawyer to file a lawsuit. Therefore, yes, you may file suit to keep the statute of limitations from running out, and then when you have obtained counsel, should you need to amend the lawsuit, they can file a motion for permission from the court to do so.

Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating. Thank you.

Just following up with you. Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating. Thank you