Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

My son has a appointment with DPD on Monday, I'm asking s

Customer Question

My son has a appointment with DPD on Monday, I'm asking his question because he is legally blind,10 years ago he was at a event he was 25 him and some friends shared a room one of the girls were in bed with him cuddling and he touched her breast she was 16 she got upset and he apologized he was thinking she wanted more he never touched her again ,she said that she did not want to end the friendship so they were still friends she went on to date a couple of his friends who also were much older they lost contact he hasn't spoken to her in 5 years ,recently she contacted him on Facebook said she needed closure for what happen and if he could recount what happened he told her she then said she would not forgive him and never wanted to speak to him again he again apologized and told her how sorry he was,she has now went to the police dept with a complaint against him for the incident, the police called and said they needed to talk to him to fill in gaps of her story,will he need to have a lawyer with him for the interview and is there a chance he cold be charged with something?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I sure wish he had contacted us before responding to her since this was obviously a set up.

HIs being blind doesn't affect his ability to be charged with this crime although it could if he hasn't known the girl or her age. In texas it isn't required that he know she was underage, it is more of what we know as a "strict liability". If he did it and she was underage then he is guilty. There have even been cases where the minor told the defendant she was over age, was in a bar that didn't allow people under 21, and she had a fake ID showing she was over 21 that she showed the defendant. He was still found guilty.

He can absolutely be charged and he can be found guilty. That means he needs a lawyer. The statute of limitations on this can vary depending on exactly what they charge him with and there are a number of possibilities as to potential charges.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of something else.