Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Ex-wife forged my signature on a mortgage with Myers Park

Customer Question

Ex-wife forged my signature on a mortgage with Myers Park Mortgage 10 year ARM. Is there anything I can do now to hold her accountable?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

You can report the forgery as a crime to the police and tell them that you want your wife prosecuted. How long ago did this happen? Were you married to her at the time?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we were married when it happened. This was approximately 10 years ago, I did not find out about it until recently because of her filing for divorce.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. Is the divorce still being litigated?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its considered Legally Seperated
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

Thank you.

If this took place 10 years ago, the statute of limitations has run on both criminal and civil remedies. However, if you just found out and it is reasonable that you wouldn't have been able to learn this earlier within the statutory time, you might be able to get around a statute of limitation argument.

But if you bring this to the attention of the police, the second that they find out you're in divorce litigation, they will tell you that it's appropriate to bring this to the attention of the Family Court judge since it involves marital property.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.