legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I am looking to find a business lawyer preferably in

Customer Question

Hello.i am looking to find a business lawyer preferably in California who can help me in this:
Good morning,
I recently applied for a business development loan through Norton finance(UK) and we processed it until they claimed to have deposited the money in a foreign bank account accessible via online banking.
My personal banker who I was connected with via Norton finance claims to live in California and keeps on requesting me for money for transfer fees as well as other legal fees.I feel apprehensive to proceed with this matter as I fear it might be a scam.
Is there a way I can verify their genuineness by having some verify if:
1)the bank and my personal banker are existent and their branches are operational in the US,UK
2)If the requested sum of money is for actual payments.
3)if someone can physically verify their premises in California and meet my banker
Your assistance through this matter will be highly appreciated and I would like to know if you might be in a position to connect to an attorney who is conversant with such a case.
Kind Regards
Isaac W Mwangi
Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.

Hello;

One can verify the legitimacy of a US bank by going here You can also check with the Secretary of State as any business will need to be registered and that is here

The banking industry in the US is regulated and any complaints can be filed here and here

Here is an advisory for UK banking organizations and to report UK fraud here

There is a international organization involving several governments that attempts to prosecute internet crimes here

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Checking in on the above.

Thank you for using JA!