Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My girlfriend 3 years ago, we've been together 1 year, was

Customer Question

My girlfriend 3 years ago, we've been together 1 year, was put on probation for meth possession with intent to distribute in Arkansas. Her boyfriend had the drugs she was charged the same. She was being abused by him and tried to get it transferred to missouri where her family lived and they didn't do it in time so she absconded to get away from the abuse. She needs legal advice on how to resolve this issue she hasn't had any further contact with law enforcement for any reason
Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

Hello

This Is Samuel. So has she a warrant for her arrest for absconding? Is she in Missouri now? How did she find out there is a warrant?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She is her friend said she her it on scanner
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Heard it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She lives in fear every day she's about to be a arrested ready to resolve this one way or other need advice
Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

Heard it on a scanner? I hardly think that is possible. She should be able to do a case search or have someone call the Court or Sheriff in Alabama and ask if there is an active warrant. She can have a local attorney do a search and/or make the call.

First you need to be sure there is a warrant.

Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

But an outstanding warrant would not be on a scanner unless she has been stopped for a traffic ticket. But then she would have been arrested.

Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

And outstanding warrant is going to be revealed on a traffic stop. Now if the warrant is there and it is maked NON Extradiable, she would not be arrested but the traffic cop is going to tell her there is a warrant.Such a warrant would only be effective in Arkansas.

I mean Arkansas in my previous response, too.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Heard on scanner they had address on the her name what is her options if there is which she is pretty sure of
Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

I suggest she needs to have it quashed. The only way to do that is to have an Arkansas attorney contact the District Attorney and work it out. The attorney will explain she is out of state, been out of state has a good job, not a lawbreaker, etc and make the request.