CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Yesterday 6-7-2016, I Engram received a notice saying that I

Customer Question

Yesterday 6-7-2016, I Mark Engram received a notice saying that I need to pay for the month of June 1, 2016 through June 30, 2016
$0.00 for the rental period from may 1st, 2016 through may 31, 2016
Or quit & deliver the possession of the premises.
I payed $1,660 for the month of may 1-31 my rent was 1,646.74 I put it in the drop box they have for rent it says please pay by : 6/1/2016 I have the receipt for all my bills .
Can someone please help & explain to me what's going on (###) ###-####thank you
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Dear Customer,

If you received a "Notice to Quit" you may be facing an eviction for something other than non-payment of rent (you say that the notice says rent due is $0.00).

You will want to continue to follow up with your rental office and get clarification in writing.

I would recommend checking with this California Court website as it gives much more detail than I can retype here regarding the types of notice (as well as how you can respond to a notice (and if necessary an unlawful detainer action): http://www.courts.ca.gov/27810.htm (use the drop down for "types of notice")