Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

Help me please! My son's father is in the us illegally from

Customer Question

Help me please! My son's father is in the us illegally from guatemala.... He is married and has two adult children in guatemala. Our agreement was he would stay here until the baby was around 1-2 yrs old to help out and then he would return home to guatemala. Now he's decided to stay, has sued me for full custody, and tells me he's taking my son home with him. What can i do?!? I have all of 'his' info.... meaning the soc he's been using, pay stub, expired drivers license #... even he's address back in guatemala
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.
If you do not want him here you can certainly notify USCIS. You are also entitled to child support that he has not paid over the years. You should file for it. This might put pressure on him to back off as part of a settlement.