Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am getting catalogs that contain, among clothing and other

Customer Question

I am getting catalogs that contain, among clothing and other merchandise, sex toys. I find this incredibly offensive, and have twice reported such catalogue mongers to the United States Postal Service. However, even after my letter saying “stop” and my report to the U.S.P.S., I received yesterday — from one of the companies previously warned — another catalogue containing sex toys. I ask you, what does a 77-year-old grandmother have to do to stop what she believes to be harassment?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. I'm sorry you're receiving these catalogs, and it may be not the most satisfying thing to hear, but the best thing you can do is throw it out when you get it. There are decency laws that prevent certain things from being on the cover of these catalogs so if these are offensive to you - and they are to many people - the best thing to do is to discard them. If they are addressed to you you can write "Wrong address" and send them back - which "might" help.

And, finally, you can add yourself to the national do not mail list:

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot BELIEVE that there no legal ways to stop these catalogue companies from sending —even after having been commanded to stop — this trash included in their regular merchandise.

There is - it's the national do not mail list.

I see that you requested a phone call; I'd be happy to call you, however Customer Service has a note here that states that you'll need to speak with them to put that through.