Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

My wife got sent to prison on conspiracy she did not do it

Customer Question

my wife got sent to prison on conspiracy she did not do it we have all the profe we needed the prosicutter lied throut the jury they found her guilty she is in nbraska detention been there for 2 months she is waiting for her sentencing it is in 1 week we need transcript for an apeal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

You've been informed correctly. The case has to be over before you can get the entire transcript. In my experience, the appellate lawyer orders the transcript and gets a copy of the important papers from the trial lawyer as well.

What's immediately most important, however, is that a notice of appeal be filed as quickly as possible after the sentencing, so that the defendant is not precluded from appealing. After that, there will be time to get the transcript and for the appeal itself to be filed.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.