LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Can a will be voided because of age (96yr.s old and blind

Customer Question

Can a will be voided because of age (96yr.s old and blind man).
We believe he was under duress to complete a will.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The age of a person, or whether or not they are blind, has nothing to do with whether there is a valid challenge to a will or a modification of that will. Age alone is not enough to void a will.

To challenge a will based on a claim of incompetency you must ensure that a probate action is opened and then sue to challenge the validity of the will based on the alleged incompetence of the maker of the will, or based on coercion or duress by a third party against the maker of the will.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug