Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Experience:  dasdasd
23431962

When I met with the TSA agent at RDU airport, the

Customer Question

When I met with the TSA agent at RDU airport, the application I gave her should have given my place of birth as Jakarta, Indonesia, rather than Batavia, Indonesia.
Jakarta is the name given to Batavia by the Indonesian government after 1945. Since I was born in 1934, my place of birth was indeed Batavia. But I should have realized that your records my have me as born in Jakarta.
My partner, Vera Graye applied at the same RDU office at the same time I did; she has now received her KTN, while I have not. My UE ID is UZZY-1H9H22. We leave on an overseas flight this Saturday. My hope is that you can e mail me my KTN before we brave the long lines at the airport. I will be most grateful if you could help expedite my KTN.
Thank you
Jacobus Egbert de Vries passport ###-##-####
Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. I will ask you questions until I have the information I need, and then I will provide you with an answer. While it might take some time to get through this, we will get through it together.

Hello Jacobus! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. I will ask you questions until I have the information I need, and then I will provide you with an answer. While it might take some time to get through this, we will get through it together.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: Unfortunately, I cannot email you your KTN, as this is confidential information and we are not permitted to have direct email contact unless you ask for additional services and pay an additional fee.

But it seems your case is likely still in process. You can check the status of your case by going to the Universal Enrollment website to check the status: https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=service-status

Or you can call the UES directly to speak with a representative about the status of your case: 855 - 347 - 8371.

If neither of those works, or your status is still pending, and you are elderly or a person with medical or physical difficulties, you can contact TSA Cares 72 hours in advance of your trip, to et up assistance at the airport.

f you call TSA Cares at least 72 hours before the flight, you can get assistance getting through the lines quicker, due to age or medical condition/disability: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/travelers-disabilities-and-medical-conditions

Here is the number that you can call to contact TSA Cares for assistance. 1 - 855 - 787 - 2227.

The hours of operation for the TSA Cares help line are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. EST and weekends and Holidays 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!