Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have personal property in Austell Georgia and am concerned

Customer Question

I have personal property in Austell Georgia and am concerned that the person will not open door or relinquish property when movers arrive to pick up. The person has not responded to text message requesting address and specific times available to pick up. I currently live in buncombe county and am disabled. This person and I have a 23 year old son together. He is abusive and aggressive. I do not desire an unpleasant situation with getting my furniture back. I offered for him to purchase. He told me that if I don't get in 30 days he will consider it abandoned. HELP. PLEASE...
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hopefully, the person will not provide resistance when the movers arrive, but if he does, there's not much your movers can do but walk away. If that happens, you will likely have to file a petition in the local court for a restraining order to enjoin him from refusing entry so you can recover your property.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

You could also try to call the local sheriff's office to go to the property with the movers to ensure entry, but usually, the sheriff's office will not get involved (although it can) without first obtaining a court order.