Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My father passed away in January of this year. Before that

Customer Question

My father passed away in January of this year. Before that he had told me had a will. But no one has contacted me or any of my siblings. His surviving wife, which is his second wife has not returned any of our calls to answer any of our questions. We had to find out where he was buried by someone else. How does the procedure usually work? I do know there is an attorney but have no idea who it is. I have contacted the courthouse in the county where he lived and found out the will has not been filed yet. I have never dealt with anything like this and would appreciate you advice
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "how does this work", "what are my rights", or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.