RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Do I have the right to file a claim against a company that

Customer Question

Do I have the right to file a claim against a company that has not paid me since November for collections I did for them through January? I was working as a TPA for drug collections.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to assisting you.

I am assuming that as a third party administrator you were not an employee of the company? If this is the case, you would have to file a civil complaint (lawsuit) against the company for breach of contract to attempt to recover monies owed. Depending on how much is owed, you may be able to file this in small claims court.

If you were an employee, you may want to instead file a wage claim with the Idaho Department of Labor. As noted on their site, however :

"If you choose to file a wage claim with the department, the administrative procedures in Idaho Code Section 45-617 will provide the Exclusive Remedy for resolving your wage claim. You will give up your right to file a civil complaint. Note: Department personnel cannot provide legal advice however they can explain Idaho labor laws and department procedures. For a referral to an employment attorney, please contact the Idaho State Bar Association at(###) ###-####"

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'm happy to assist you further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating/feedback for me by clicking on the stars before you sign out, as that is the only way I am paid for my time and assistance today. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

You're very welcome! Happy to have helped. Please remember to click on the stars to leave a positive rating for me today. Thank you again for using Just Answer! We appreciate your business.

Did you have any follow-up questions or need clarification about anything? If so, please let me know, I'm happy to assist! Otherwise, please kindly remember to click on the stars to leave a positive rating for me, as that is the only way experts on this site are paid for our time and information. Thank you!

Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating. Thank you.