Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Trying to see how the trading produce markets work i have my

Customer Question

Hello trying to see how the trading produce markets work i have my own fleet of trucks and would like to purchase product from mexico and sell to the East Coast Markets i am interested in buying lemons and cross docking to border any special permits or bonds i need to buy and sell product
Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Are you familiar with any of the laws and/or requirements regarding customs/USDA and/or declarations?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No sir i am not to familiar with any of that can you help me understand little more on how it all works
Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

Ok. Thank you.

All fruits must be inspected before bringing into the US. They cannot have any plants or leaves on them. I suggest you can contact the USDA/APHIS Plant Protection and Quarantine Permit Unit at (301)(###) ###-####or (877)(###) ###-####/strong>

The following is a partial list of fruits and vegetables that are allowed entry into the United States from Mexico for personal consumption, but only after they have passed inspection and have been found free of any pests or diseases:

• Aloe vera leaves • Avocados—without seeds (no avocados are admitted into California) • Bananas • Berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries) • Cabbage • Corn and corn smut galls • Dates • Garlic • Grapes • Herbs (cilantro, mint, rosemary, sage, and watercress) • Jicama • Lemons, Pers***** *****mes, and sour limes—all lemons/limes must be washed; no leaves or stems • Lettuce and spinach • Melons (cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon) • Nuts (acorns, almonds, cocoa beans, chestnuts, coconuts [without husks or milk], peanuts, pecans, piñon [pinenut], and walnuts) • Onions (including green onions and chives) • Peppers (bell, chili, and jalapeno peppers; manzano peppers are not allowed)

Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know, if you have other questions in this regard.