legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I have a court order to public announce in the paper to come

Customer Question

Hello . I have a court order to public announce in the paper for someone to come to small claims court. But I do nto know how to wirte it
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?
Customer: Maine. I have done the 3 steps of leaving a noctice at his door, mailing a notice, register mailing a notice and the sherriff has tried to serve. He has answered none of these and the sheriff could not find him. This is thenext step
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no as I could do what was asked except for this notice
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I know the town he lives in and he was my tenant. He moved and I do not know his new address.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately pursuant to Rule 4 (here)

small claims does not allow service by publication.

http://www.courts.maine.gov/fees_forms/forms/pdf_forms/fm/fillable/CV-FM-201,%20Instructions%20for%20Service%20by%20Alt%20Means,%20Rev.%2004_13.pdf

As such, one would need to hire a private investigator to locate the individual's address/place of employment so that he can be served.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Checking in on the above.
Hope all works out well.

Thank you and take care!