Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

The plumbing in my house was replaced in August 2014 which

Customer Question

The plumbing in my house was replaced in August 2014 which cost me $4839.00. A week ago I found out that the people doing this work for me disconnected the water line to my refrigerator and now that I have another refrigerator the icemaker and water dispenser does not work. I've lived in this house for 29 years, have had 2 refrigerators with icemakers and water dispensers that have always worked. When the plumbing work was being done, the icemaker and water dispenser were not working and I had no reason to believe these people would disconnect the water line. I called Rapid Plumbing and after getting the runaround I finally spoke to the owner and he said he just bought this company in 2015 and would not fix the problem without charging me since all of this happened before he took ownership. What can I do? All I want is the water line reconnected at no charge.
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

When you had the water lines replaced, did your agreement with the plumber state that they would replace everything exactly as it was currently?

Was there any mention of the icemaker line or did you just assume that they would replace it as well?

Is the actual line still coming out of the floor at the back of the refrigerator?

When you had the new fridge installed did they try to hook up an existing line coming out of the floor and that is when they discovered that it was not reinstalled?