Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I was an unlicensed driver and no insurance on the vehicle

Customer Question

I was an unlicensed driver and no insurance on the vehicle that I was driving. I was not the owner of the truck. I did receive a $5,000.00 judgement for the accident and my drivers license suspended. The accident was in 2010 6 years ago. My question to you is Should my drivers license be suspended for not having insurance and as a result received a judgement when the car that hit me had auto insurance
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

It is illegal to drive without a valid license and valid current vehicle insurance and if driving unlicensed / uninsured results in an accident and property damage, then unlicensed / uninsured driver will be responsible for any damages to the other driver's vehicle, regardless of which driver was at fault and once the judgment is obtained against the unlicensed / uninsured driver, the driver's license would be suspended until the uninsured / unlicensed driver pays the judgment amount in full or settles it for less with the judgment creditor.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is not fair that you do not send us the Section and the Code so that we can take that written information into the Court Room with us as documented proof of any law You are charging for that information. You tell us to contact a lawyer when lawyers to not help you unless we contact them early on.

Thank you for your follow up.

I have provided you with correct and accurate answer, if there is a judgment that is related to an accident, then the judgment debtor's driver license will be suspended until the judgment debtor pay off the entire amount of the judgment or settles with the judgment creditor and obtains written satisfaction of judgment.

The reason most local lawyers would not handle similar case, is not because of how old the case is, but because there is not much that can be done under the law, aside from paying the judgment amount or negotiating a settlement.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.