Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I'm the author of From Fear to Freedom. In chapter 3, They

Customer Question

My name is***** the author of From Fear to Freedom. In chapter 3, They Flew With Crimson Tails, I cover the story of the Freeman Field Mutiny. I have the photo of Roger Terry, given to me by his son, Mark, and have written permission to use it. He gave me a nice endorsement on the back of my book. I also have from their personal photos, of Roger and President Clinton the day the President expunged the record, along with a few others.
I interviewed Les Williams who was there and was the only ones with his two buddies that got into the whites only officers club. His story is in the book as well.
I'm getting ready to do a 2nd print and I would like to put in the book one or two of the photos that were taken undercover that were used in the black newspapers that broke the story that caused the army to back down.
My research shows the NAACP holds the rights to the photos. How do I get permission to print them in my book.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 6 months ago.

Hello:

Please bear with me as I verify something for you.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Hello:

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I believe your best bet to get the proper attention for your request is to contact the General Counsel for the NAACP.

The General Counsel is Brad Berry. You should be able to contact him here:

National Headquarters
4805 Mt. Hope Drive
Baltimore MD 21215
Local:(###) ###-####br />Toll Free: (877) NAACP-98

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Gerald,
I've tried for some time now to find who it is I need to contact.Hope he's the right man.Gary

Hello:

If he is not, as GC, he should definitely know who is.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me - click the five stars. It adds nothing to your costs, but it helps me greatly. It is also good Karma for you. Thank you.)