LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My Florida DL was suspended due to being out of work and

Customer Question

My Florida DL was suspended due to being out of work and falling behind on alimony payments. I am living mostly in Costa Rica and work in US. {merchant Marine}. Question is with a Costa Rica DL, can i legally drive in Florida, and if i get pulled over will i be arrested for the Florida license that is suspended. I have both licenses.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, if you were to get pulled over in Florida, they would run your name and see that your Fl license is suspended. At that point, they could either write you a citation for driving on a suspended license with knowledge and let you go, requiring that you appear in court or they could arrest you. Moreover, the fact that you have a DL from another country does not allow you to legally drive in Florida when the State suspended your license.

I just wanted to follow up and see if there is anything else I can answer or clarify. I am here to help so please just let me know.