Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

I have been going to a WALGREENS pharmacy stenosis pain, I

Customer Question

I have been going to a WALGREENS pharmacy for prescriptions for spinal stenosis pain, I went back to my psychiatrist after about 8 months, she gave me the same Meds for Depressionas 8 Months ago and this is all in my records at the pharmacy that I was taking before...the pharmacist lied to me and said they couldn't fill until Monday...THE QUESTION IS : CAN THE PHARMACIST CALL MY DOCTOR, EITHER THE PAIN SPECIALIST OR THE PSYCHIATRIST WITHOUT FIRST DISCUSSING THE PROBLEM WITH ME?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

HIPAA allows for some communication of your health information to be disclosed and discussed without your consent. So your pharmacist can contact your physicians to discuss your eligibility for and the administration of or approval for your medication.