John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

I was getting a monthly disability check years term

Customer Question

I was getting a monthly disability check for 5 years for my long term disability through Unum. Now that it has stopped I thought my social security would go up to what the difference was. Why wouldn't it as both were based on my wages?
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Social Security isn't offset by what you get from other sources. SSA pays the same amount regardless of anything other than workers comp income.

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Sorry to bother you, but you haven't yet provided a positive rating for this answer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit and I get no credit for the work I put into the matter. Thanks.