P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

I'm in the army reserve and I cannot participate in

Customer Question

I'm in the army reserve and I cannot participate in annual training due to a family matter I ETS August 1st (2 months) my 1stsgt is telling me he doesn't care and that if I don't attend he will come after me with ucmj action I have 8 years in and just want to end on the best terms possible. I justwant to know what will actually happen if I don't attend
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

If you do not attend, they can separate you administratively with an "other than honorable" (OTH) conditions discharge for violation of Art 86 and 87 (AWOL and missing movement).

This is poor discharge charachterization and would remove all VA benefits and could cause problems in your job searches. So you may want to make the training (to avoid the OTH)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.