Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I am employed by a company and signed a do not compete. I

Customer Question

Hi, I am employed by a company and signed a do not compete. I however spoke to one of the owners and was given the ok to do work on the side. Now they are propably going to fire me and the owner I spoke to is making like our conversation was misinterpreted and doesnt matter because they have my signature on a do not compete. What I am wondering is if I can still do my work after leaving them as I am not stealing their customers, but they say I am operating in their territory and can not do that. I can provide pics of the document if that helps
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, please provide those in PDF format. That is the only one that will open on the screen without downloading. I'll take a look at it but I can warn you, Texas has extremely employer friendly laws.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. I am just trying to determine my options. I appreciate it.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

This will take a few minutes, please bear with me.