Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I was at my local Post Office earlier this week to pick up

Customer Question

I was at my local Post Office earlier this week to pick up some mail. The lady in front of me was very agitated and verbally abusive to the PO lady at the counter. When the lady left in a huff, I stepped up to the counter and complimented the PO lady on how she handled that situation. I didn't realize that the agitated lady stop behind me and heard what I said. Shortly afterthat, she came to my side and said that I should keep out of other people's business, I responded that she shouldn't treat people as she did the PO lady. After a few seconds, she punched me in the eye, breaking my glasses, putting 4 cuts around my eye leaving blood spots on the floor. The eye is now very black. The PO has been very helpful and I am working through their security people to get her name and address for legal notices to go to, and for a copy of the security camera video. I also have a case number ***** the SJ Police. Now, I don't know what direction I should take this.........criminal, civil, small claims court, etc.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

When police was called was the police officer able to identify and local the assailant?

Was assailant arrested and charged with any crime yet?

Were you injuries of permanent nature or will leave permanent scarring?