Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I have been paying $300 per month Federal Restitution of 11

Customer Question

I have been paying $300 per month for a Federal Restitution of 11 million plus . My income comes from ss, pension and va disability whiich totals $4506/ month . The gov't wants me to pay $1500/month. I can only pay $600 a month. what will happen if i only send the $600 /month, will they go after my house etc.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is this restitution under a criminal conviction? If so, what was the charge?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1 count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud

The only way they usually try to actually seize and sell a house is if the proceeds of the crime were used to purchase it. That is normally in drug cases and usually they file the forfeiture action at the same time as they file everything else. Usually.

What they are likely to do is just put a lien on your house and then let it sit there.