Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

Ihave just received a medical bill dated 5/26/2016 then it

Customer Question

ihave just received a medical bill dated 5/26/2016 then it goes on to a procedure dated 4/16/2014- question is m i legally obliged to pay the bill even though the medial insurance at that time have said it over a year old and nothing further todo with them
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Trevor...You can successfully contest any obligation to pay this bill. The basis for contesting this is that it would have been covered by insurance, but because of the creditor's negligence in not submitting it until 2 years later, insurance will not now pay the bill. Therefore, it's the creditor's negligence that has caused the problem and thus it's the creditor who bears responsibility.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!