CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Bought auto with rebuilt title nj dealer,,,sent car without

Customer Question

bought auto with rebuilt title nj dealer,,,sent car without title ,,cann,t get him too respond sent court registered papers 3 times ,,no response,,,ebay pay pal won,t help,,,Nevada cann,t do anything with out signed documents,,,so what can we do
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation, it is unfortunately a complex issue for what should be a very straightforward and simple problem.

To resolve it you can sue the dealer to get title to the vehicle (you can sue for 2 causes of action, the first is simply to get title - this would name the dealer, and any other party that may possibly have a claim to ownership on the car (to find this you would have the DMV or local law enforcement run a title history) - you are not asking for any money from these defendants, simply asserting your right to the title, the second cause of action would be for "breach of contract" against the dealer - in which you would seek a money damages claim for the cost of having to do this.

Once the court issues your judgment you can take that to the DMV and they will issue your title.