Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

A laywer is trying to sue me and my partner of incorporation

Customer Question

A laywer is trying to sue me and my partner for fees for articles of incorporation that he completed. This is his laywer who he had make them he wanted 7500$ now for them and my partner won't pay that. He is not my laywer at all I never signed or asked for him to represent me I never even heard from him till he left a message saying he's during both of us. I did sign the articles of incorporation for the bank to see them can he go after me too even thou I never new the fee or had him talk to me. I was copied on a few emails from the bank from him but never heard directly from him. Am I also responsible for this money even thou my partner was taking care of it
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, generally, if the lawyer did legal work for the corporation, then in many cases the lawyer will be able to sue the corporation and any officers of the corporation who benefited from the legal work, even if the specific officer did not sign an agreement with this lawyer.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.