Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My u haul storage has been broken into and I see that my

Customer Question

My u haul storage has been broken into and I see that my stuff is missing. I have a feeling that the people who stole my items is coming back tonight. What should I do?
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you talking about a rental trailer where you were storing your property?

.

Have you called the police to file a report?

.

What makes you think they would come back?

.

Any idea who might have done this?

.

Where is the U Haul parked?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm talking about a uhaul rental storage unit similar to the one located on***** Atlanta, GA 30329.I haven't called the police as I'm nervous and don't know what to do.I'm thinking its an inside job because I have had another problem happen which was my key to my lock wasn't working and I believed they changed it that time so I had to cut the lock off and get another lock put on.Someone cut my new lock I put on and put their own weak lock on it. I break their lock and put my newest lock on it because the u haul employee claims he is unable to break the lock today to find out if my stuff is stolen. So he tells me to come back tomorrow.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here is a picture of the lock someone put on it.

Ok, I don't really understand why you would be nervous about calling the police unless there was something in the unit that shouldn't have been in there.....

.

But regardless, I would check to see if the facility has video cameras....most of them do so you should be able to get a copy of any surveillance tape so you can see if you recognize the person who did it.

.

If you feel that they may return, if it was me, I would try to set up some type of hidden camera in the unit with motion activation to record it if they open the door and enter the unit. Then you can catch them red handed and call the police or take up things with them personally if you recognize them..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time..

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks much