Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Does NV have a buyers remorse law ? i purchased a couch and

Customer Question

does NV have a buyers remorse law ? i purchased a couch and loveseat from Ashleys
they were delivered yesterday 06/01/16 -- i talked to them -- i am not satified -
i dont like the color / not comfortable too large for my space.. and i did see the mdse in their showroom ... so this is my fault Marv Angell
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

There is unfortunately no general buyer's remorse law. The default position is that a sale is final unless the parties have a written contract that gives a cancellation period or establishes a return period. That would actually be true even before you completed payment, before you accepted delivery, as soon as you signed something agreeing to make the purchase. The only exception is for door-to-door sales because those are such high pressure. The only way you'd be able to return the couch and loveseat is if they delivered the wrong items, or if you could find a clause in your sales agreement that said you have a right to send them back.

Some stores will, as a courtesy, give you store credit or allow an exchange if you're not happy with your purchase. It could help to talk to a manager or the owner and see if they're willing to accommodate you. Furniture stores rely on word of mouth and repeat business, so sometimes they'll try to help you out.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.