Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Is it possible that microsoft is running a scam. icant

Customer Question

is it possible that microsoft is running a scam. icant broise the internet without getting a blue or red screen is johnny on the spot with an 800 nmber where i can connect with a foreigner who will solve the problem for a hundred dollars or more.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

No. Microsoft is not running a scam, Nor does this pop up have anything really to do with Microsoft. This is malware that has gotten into your computer and is creating the pop up.

If you contact the number you will be diverted to some so-called text center that is not Microsoft either. They are looking for remote access which will allow them to put spyware or your computer and get access to all of your accounts to commit identity theft.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

You may want to post a question to one of our verified computer techs and have them remove the bug that locks your screen so you can use your computer again. This sort of popup is called Ransomware, because it holds your computer hostage and tries to get you to pay a fee to free your computer.

If you gave these others remote access, you will need to take every precaution against identity theft.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.