Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

A recent visit to Adventist LaGrange Hospital in Tinley Park

Customer Question

A recent visit to Adventist LaGrange Hospital in Tinley Park Illinois was a nightmare. I was admitted for insomnia after 5 days of no sleep. I start to have auditory hallucinations. So, I and my spouse thought it best I go in for treatment. I was last in this ER back in Sept.-Oct. 2015 for ETOH. UPON ARRIVAL THE NURSING staff started to ridicule me by trying to guess my ETOH LEVELS. After that an unknown member of the nursing staff began to play a rap she had gotten on line to play these words, and I quote "Alcohol, cocaine welcome to LaGrange" for 15 to 20 minutes. These second part of this story is that it was 2 am and my nurse Ann assisted me to the restroom and received a smell of my untrusted teeth and began to tell the entire unit , to include secretary, janitorial, and nursing staff that my breath smelled as if I were,"Linking a**". Someone (male voice) responsed I probably was. She encouraged at least 3 staff personal enter my room to take a sniff, to confirm her finding. As each one entered, they laughed and agreed. I pretended to be asleep (remember I was insomniac) had not been given anything for sleep until my lab work came back. Well, needless to say, my lab were negative for any substances. They couldn't believe it. I am a RN myself which they hadn't a clue. This type of care is sickening. Everyone has been over the legal limit of ETOH at some point in their lifetime. If, not for a select few. I went in thinking I had over drank and I am glad I did in Sept-Oct 2015, because I did. Now, I will be judged on that at this facility forever. And there I was for a legitimate cause of sleep deprivation, was label with inferences from my last visit.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Also, what is ETOH? I'm not familiar with that acronym.

I am guessing from context that it is alcohol level but want to be sure.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Legal course of action if any
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Email your answers. I am not going to call for more money

First, and obviously, file a complaint against them with the nursing board.

As to civil actions, the only real actions I can see are for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress and possibly Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress.

I don't send that email about telephone calls, I don't do them, it comes out from the website I assume.

What questions do you have about these civil actions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Civil lawsuit mayhaps?

Those are civil lawsuit "causes of action".

When we are about to finish I'll give you a link to a legal article about them that is pretty good. A little complicated and full of legalese but very comprehensive.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what lawyer should I contact? What field of practice

You can go to and under area of practice enter either Civil Litigation or Personal Injury. Either will work for this since it requires the same skill set.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. You have been most helpful

You're very welcome. It's an interesting, although a little disgusting (truthfully), set of facts. You expect more compassion, as I'm sure you know.

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.