CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I want to file a restraining order against an ex-boyfriend

Customer Question

I want to file a restraining order against an ex-boyfriend that I work with.. recently he was supposed to go with me to a festival with a close friend of mine. We were drinking (he's 29, I'm 21, the girl is 18..) he ended up screaming and punching himself while hovering over me.. he's now spreading it around to work people that I robbed him, etc.. what do I do?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

You can file a petition for protection against "dating violence" (Florida has several different forms of protective order in FL): (this packet gives you forms and information to complete the petition with the county court).

If you find yourself under immediate threat of harm or injury, please call 9-1-1.