Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have received motion concerning a civil matter resulting

Customer Question

I have received motion for contempt concerning a civil matter resulting from a divorce decree.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need to file a motion for continuation
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I just need to find out for to file a motion for continuation because I need to buy more time to get legal rep.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

What is your legal question for me?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have motion of contempt filed against me. I need more time to find representation and the court date falls right in the middle of summer visitation with my children which I have little time with the start. I need the proper form to file a motion for continuation in Chatham County, GA.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to draft any forms or pleadings for customers, so I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you.

Thank you.