Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What is the cost?

Customer Question

What is the cost?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am owed my by a friend/business partner. While trying to acquire my debt, after he stopped answering my phone calls and text messages, I consulted with one of his business partners to get information about how their business was with him, to perhaps build a larger case against him. He is now asking that I agree to say I spoke with his business partner in exchange for a letter in writing that he will return a portion of the money he owes. What should I do?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Depending on the question and the amount of information they want, customers pick their own value price most of the time and it sees you picked $47. You can also contact customer service at www.justanswer.com/help to get more information about pricing (experts have very limited information and only answer questions). Phone calls do come at a premium.

When you say " a letter in writing," what would that letter state, exactly?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is what I need help with. I need help with knowing what the letter should state to guarantee that I receive my funds, and nothing can cause any delays in getting my money.(###) ###-####is my number.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your call request. The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully ***** ***** not worry - other experts receive the request as well, and they may agree to the call. They will also have your question and my replies to build upon, so nothing will be lost.

Also you have to initiate a call by pressing a button at your end.

And if you wish to continue online (which is fine, too), then clarify what the purpose of the letter would be - does he want a RELEASE from suit in exchange for payment?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not happy with my counsel. I do not want to be charged the $47 dollars. Only charge me the $5 deposit.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

I have not had a chance to answer your question yet because you have yet to tell me exactly (1) what the document would be used for, and (2) whether it is you who wants this, or the other party. It sounds like he is stating that he will pay a portion of the money in exchange for a release from the rest, but I wanted to make that clear. However, if you are not happy, then I understand.

I am going to opt out and open this up for other experts. Maybe they can better understand your situation.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer. I am another expert here will try to assist with your question. You have asked for a telephone consultation, but that is not included in your original $47 payment. I think such a consultation would be of immense help to you, but again, it cannot be accomplished unless you accept the premium service offered and pay the additional expense for that service. You may choose not to accept the offer, and I will also opt out of this question because there is not enough necessary information provided, and it cannot be answered. The premium service offered will follow this communication.