LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

CAn my son in law install video camera in my garage attached

Customer Question

CAn my son in law install video camera in my garage attached to my house without my permission even though he has some equipment in the garage?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. Does he live there with you? I am sure his concern is a possible break in but can you share with me your objection to this?

Hi, are you still with me

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My concern is that my daughter has a spray tan business and uses a portion of the garage for her to spray , additionally it is my house and garage and just because he uses a portion of it doesn't give him the right to just decide to install a camera

Thank you. Yes, you are correct. It is your home and you can decide to allow this. Just because you allow him to use a portion of the garage, does not give him a right to install a video camera, if you object to it. Moreover, you have a reasonable basis to object to this, since your daughter does have a spray tan business and do not want to have issues with someones privacy. If your son has an issue with his personal items and storing them and is concerned, he can simply find another secure location for these items and pay for them. As you shared, it is your home and you are doing him a favor. If he does not want to comply, you can tell him to move these things.

I just wanted to follow up and see if there is anything else I can answer or clarify. I am here to help so please just let me know.