TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Is it against the law to take a picture of a student on a

Customer Question

Is it against the law to take a picture of a student on a school bus?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

No, it is not per se illegal to take a picture of a student on a school bus. Obviously, the specific facts in any particular case could make it illegal, such as if the photographer were stalking the student. But if I opted to take a picture of a school bus driving by and I captured a student's image, then that would be perfectly lawful.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!