Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I own a building I purchased in 2015 to house my business.

Customer Question

I own a building I purchased in 2015 to house my business. There was an existing business operating in the space and I agreed to honor the lease of this business. 3 months ago the inventory was sold (unbeknownst to me) and a new LLC took over - listing my building as its place of business. The business name remained the same, but there were new people I have never met operating the shop. I contacted my tenant and told him that the lease did not extend to a new business as I specifically had a no sublet clause in the agreement. He assured me he was still principal owner. Several things have happened to show me that he is fact not the owner and finally I received paperwork from the state showing me that the new LLC does not list him. I don't know these new people, but they have lied to me now for 3 months. I want them out and I want to take possession of my building. Am I within my rights?
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Does your lease have a clause that allows you to lock out the tenant if there is a breach of the lease?

.

How much time is left on the lease contract?

.

Have you gotten a listing from the Sec of State showing who the owners and members of the LLC are?

.

.

thanks