Expert_James
Expert_James,
23431962

If a printed boarding pass does not say precheck on it, can

Customer Question

If a printed boarding pass does not say precheck on it, can it be changed at airport?
Expert:  Expert_James replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you.

ANSWER: It depends. First, it is important to note that no person at the airport can make your boarding pass say PreCheck. That happens automatically, based on a computer generated system.

But what you can do to increase the chances is contact the airline and ask to have your Known Traveler Number applied to the reservation, just in case you did not already do that when you made the reservation. Then have your boarding pass reprinted at the airport. It might appear on your boarding pass at the airport. If it does not then I'm afraid you were not chosen for PreCheck on this trip.

It is important to keep in mind that that nobody is ever guaranteed TSA PreCheck each and every time they fly. TSA applies random security measures, even to PreCheck, to increase security at airports. So even if you are enrolled in the program, that will make you eligible for TSA PreCheck, but you might no necessarily get it every time you travel by air.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I see you have reviewed my answers. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.